Sunday, April 5, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

My poor tulips are reaching for the sun this morning and finding only snow. It's hard to believe that it's April 5! Having an early April birthday, I am very aware of how fickle the weather can be this time of year; most of my memories are of the first warmth of spring on my day, but these snowy days sneak in too.

J is so restless as he awaits real spring. He has had his bike and lawn mower tuned up, he has been cleaning out the basement and the garage, and he is "playing in the dirt" as best he can by experimenting with starting garden plants in milk containers. As for me, I am just itching to switch to my spring and summer wardrobe. I keep looking at my favorite purse - a beautiful green bag I used last season but I am waiting for solid evidence that spring is really here before I switch from my current bag. And I need a pedicure! I want to be really ready for the first day I can wear open-toed shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment